LENZING™ ECOVERO™ is the most ecological and clean viscose that can be manufactured today. It is strictly made according to the guidelines of the EU eco label.

 

What is viscose?

Viscose is an artificially produced cellulose fiber, attained through a chemical treatment of shredded wood chips.

 

What is viscose?

Viscose is an artificially produced cellulose fiber, attained through a chemical treatment of shredded wood chips.

Why we use LENZING™ ECOVERO™?

For one thing, because the production is truly sustainable and does not harm our environment. And for another, because the material offers a great number of benefits. What those are? Just click and learn.

Shiny, smooth and soft

LENZING™ ECOVERO™ has a delicate and consistent fiber structure – very similar to silk. The fabric is shiny and also feels very smooth and soft.

Flowing looks

The material is very light which does not only make it comfortable. Our designers love it because it’s perfectly suited for styles with a flowing look.

The perfect summer fiber

LENZING™ ECOVERO™ is a cool fiber that can absorb a lot of water without feeling wet. This makes it the perfect material for hot days – or keynote presentations, for example.

Vibrant colors

Apart from the wearing comfort, the great absorbency offers another obvious benefit: Extremely vibrant colors – which also perfectly survive many wash cycles, by the way.

Biodegradable

Unlike artificial fibers the fabric is purely made from renewable resources – which makes it completely biodegradable, too.

What is the problem about conventional viscose?

Despite the material’s benefits, the production of conventional viscose is quite a dirty business.

Wood from rain forests

The problem starts with the raw material: The wood for the cellulose production often comes from threatened rain forests.

Long hauls

The raw material is usually shipped around the globe which results in huge CO2 emissions.

Hazards through toxic gases

Toxic hydrogen sulfide and carbon disulfide are used in the manufacturing process. In many cases these gases can leak and pollute our environment.

High energy and water consumption

Conventional manufacturing processes require a lot of energy and water. Beyond that, only 30% of the raw material is actually used. The other 70% are thrown away.

 

What is the problem about conventional viscose?

Wood from rain forests

The problem starts with the raw material: The wood for the cellulose production often comes from threatened rain forests.

Long hauls

The raw material is usually shipped around the globe which results in huge CO2 emissions.

Hazards through toxic gases

Toxic hydrogen sulfide and carbon disulfide are used in the manufacturing process. In many cases these gases can leak and pollute our environment.

High energy and water consumption

Conventional manufacturing processes require a lot of energy and water. Beyond that, only 30% of the raw material is actually used. The other 70% are thrown away.

What makes LENZING™ ECOVERO™ better?

Our partner Lenzing based in Austria exclusively uses FSC- and PEFC-certified wood from sustainable forestry for the production.

Short hauls

The wood comes from nearby forests. By combining a particularly sustainable production process and considerably shorter hauls CO2 emissions are cut in half.

A closed cycle

Lenzing has developed a particularly sustainable production process which recycles most of the water and all the chemicals used. The consequence? No pollution at all.

No waste

Admittedly, also only 30% of the raw material (the cellulose) is used to manufacture LENZING™ ECOVERO™. But LENZING™ does not throw away the other 70%. Instead LENZING™ use it as a source of energy.

50% less energy and water consumption

Only the clean cooling water leaves the cycle.The new process also saves 50% of the energy. The required energy is fully produced on site, by the way.

 

What makes LENZING™ ECOVERO™ better?

Wood from sustainable forestry

Our partner Lenzing, situated in Austria, only uses FSC and PEFC certified wood from sustainable forestry for their production.

Short hauls

The wood comes from nearby forests. By combining a particularly sustainable production process and considerably shorter hauls CO2 emissions are cut in half.

A closed cycle

Lenzing has developed a particularly sustainable process which recycles most of the water and all the chemicals used. The consequence? No pollution at all.

50% less energy and water consumption

Only the clean cooling water leaves the cycle.The new process also saves 50% of the energy. The required energy is fully produced on site, by the way.

 

What’s your ECOVERO™ style?

 

These Results were calculated using the Higg Material Sustainability Index (Higg MSI) tools provided by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition. The Higg MSI tools assess impacts of materials from cradle-to-gate for a finished material (e.g. to the point at which the materials are ready to be assembled into a product). However, this figure only shows impacts from cradle to fiber production gate. LENZING™ ECOVERO™ branded viscose fibers' Higg MSI score was calculated based on Lenzing fibers which are already in the Higg MSI.